Happy Sunday everyone! I’ve been having a blast at the wedding of some great friends and enjoying the weekend – but today I’ll be guest blogging over at Plucky’s Second Thought, a blogger series hosted by Jess! She has a week filled with insight from some of the best out there in the blogging community to help YOU develop a better blog!
I’m excited to announce that I’ll be guest blogging this weekend over at Plucky’s Second Thought, sponsored by the awesome Jess (and I’m not just saying that because she’s my future sister-in-law). She has an amazing line-up of awesome guest bloggers writing about a wide range of blogger related topics all week! Ever wonder what SEO is and how to use it? How about tips on using photos, Pinterest, or just about anything to expand your own blog? Plus! There are some AWESOME giveaways going all week long! How fun!
Stop by Jess’ blog on Sunday, June 2nd to check out my guest post and show me some love!
I thought I’d share with you where I get my inspiration from and who’s pages I’ve been creeping on lately, as I have some recent new faves:
- Tammy from Lemons, Avocados and the Bay is one of my new favorite finds. She resides in San Diego – one of my hands-down favorite parts of the entire state of California and is a constant reminder of the beauty that I miss on a regular basis. Seriously, I think my heart is partly left in California.
- John + Sherry from Young House Love are part of my daily must-read routine. I discovered this quirky couple a few years ago and have been hooked ever since. Their roadtrip to Dallas video? Best thing ever. You’ll instantly want to be BFFs with them and then want them to redecorate your house for you. And with their adorable 3 year old Clara and furbaby Burger, you won’t be able to get enough of their adventures. Plus, they’re hysterical.
- Roo from Neon Fresh. Need a pick-me-up after a bad day or just because it’s Monday? Roo provides hysterical commentary and cute stick-figure drawings to keep you clicking throughout her entire site.
- Kylie, Lisa + Megan from Traveling Triplets will have you itching to fill up your passport with stamps from places around the world! If you love multiples and love travel blogs, this is the one for you! Not only are these identical triplets GORGEOUS but the gals travel on some pretty neat adventures and take some awesome pics along the way!
And because we’re talking favorites today, I have a new favorite that’s been on loop on my iTunes …
So cheery, and summery and I love all of their music videos basically. Mkay, it’s verging on obsession. Happy Monday!
Jess from Plucky’s Second Thought was sweet enough to nominate me for the Liebster Award! Sunnyside Shlee has always been a fun “thing” for me to do to interact with other people, learn more about crafts, travels, and much more – as well as to practice my love of writing. I haven’t focused so much on growing the blog into a business, but have enjoyed my readership and meeting new bloggers along the way! I can’t believe it’s been over 2 years since I started this little ditty and am excited to see where it all takes me!
The Liebster award is given to up and coming bloggers. What is a Liebster? The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. HERE ARE THE RULES FOR RECEIVING THIS AWARD:
- Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
- Answer the questions that the tagger set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you’ve tagged to answer.
- Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
- Go to their page and tell them.
- No tag backs!
11 Things About Me:
- I’m was raised in the city of Chicago – the actual city, not a suburb
- I’m a Twi-hard. I’ve read all of the novels and seen all of the movies.
- I’ve been to Las Vegas about 16 times before the age of 21 and only twice since turning 21 – both times have been for work not pleasure.
- I’ve asked Flavor Flav to move out of my way at the San Diego Zoo.
- My favorite band/singer is Dave Matthews Band. I’m in love and obsessed with all things DMB.
- I love the California life-style and if I had the choice, I’d move to California in a heart beat.
- I’ve played sports all of my life but quit basketball in fifth grade because there was too much running involved. I rejoined in 7th grade.
- I love pens and I regularly purchase pens and usually use a different one every day.
- I love Mexican food – I could eat it everyday.
- I won the spelling bee in 8th grade and went on to the Chicago regional competition where I lost on a letter that began with a C…I still can’t remember what word it was.
- I can quote the entire movie of Aladdin.
My 11 QUESTIONS:
- What was the name of your first childhood pet? Goldie, the goldfish
- Where was your favorite vacation memory? Mexico my senior year of high school – it was an amazing trip with amazing people.
- Who is your celebrity crush? Rachel McAdams… I love her.
- What is the one addiction that you have that not many people know about? Maybe cracking my knuckles? I do it all of the time.
- If you could move anywhere in the world, where would it be? Southern California
- What came first: the chicken or the egg; why? The egg, maybe it evolved.
- Windows or Apple; why? Apple. Because everything Apple is a stellar piece of technology, whether you want to admit it or not.
- What was the first CD you ever purchased? Can’t remember. I used to steal my dads when I was younger so it all blurs together.
- What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done? The only thing that comes to mind is jumping into a water hole at the Mexico trip mentioned earlier – I’m terrified of unknown bodies of water and it was in a foreign country but I didn’t want to regret not doing it so I jumped in and freaked out the entire time til I got out!
- What did you want to become when you where young? A famous journalist or a teacher.
- What is the one goal you have for 2013? Be a healthier me in 2013 – I turn 30 and get married. It’s going to be a huge year!
11 8 Blogs I’ve Nominated for the Liebster Award are:
- The Borrowed Abode
- The BookBimbo Chronicles
- Small Home Big Start
- My eDiets Journey
- Cook With Molly
- A Lot on Your Plate
- Hernando House
- Rockstar Boots
Thanks Jess for your nomination!
11 Questions for My Nominees to Answer: (Sorry this wasn’t up earlier! I was so excited to post this that I forgot to include my questions!)
- What is the strangest thing you’ve ever eaten?
- What is your earliest childhood memory?
- What’s your go-to rainy day movie?
- Name something you’re proud of accomplishing.
- What’s the one thing you never leave your house without?
- What’s your favorite number and why?
- What was the last concert you went to?
- Why did you start your blog?
- What’s your favorite thing about blogging?
- What kind of phone do you use? iPhone? Android? Flip phone? Landline?
- If money and time wasn’t an issue and you could go anywhere in the world – now, past or future – where would you go?